The second annual “Survivor of Suicide Day” will be held on Saturday November 17, 2018 from 10:00am to 2:00 pm. The event will be held at St. John’s Lutheran Church, just south of Archbold, Ohio. Survivor Day is the one day a year when people affected by suicide loss gather around the world at events in their local communities, to find comfort and gain understanding as they share stories of healing and hope. In 2017, there were more than 350 Survivor Day events in 18 countries.
Please join us, as this is the only event taking place in our four county area. Last year’s event was a wonderful success, with more than 35 local survivors of suicide gathering together to honor their loved ones, and to speak out against the stigma of depression and suicide loss. This special day, is being co-sponsored by the Four County ADAMhs Board and the Four County Suicide Prevention Coalition.
This year activities will include:
- Three local guest speakers who will share their experience of suicide loss and recovery.
- A screening of the AFSP movie “A Daughter’s Journey“, followed by a guided discussion.
- The opportunity to connect with other survivors and hear stories of healing and hope.
- A closing ceremony to honor loved ones lost to suicide.
- Lunch will also be provided at no cost.
Please register for the event online at: https://afsp.org/survivor_day/stryker-ohio/
For additional questions feel free to contact Tonie Long at 419-267-3355 ext 5, or by email at Tonie@fourcountyadamhs.com